Friday, September 10, 2010

Changes

I never used to be a big fan of change. I like schedules. I like repetitiveness. I like when things are the same day after day. Right now, the seasons are in the process of changing, and I'm planning on going right along with them. What better time for a change? There are things in my life that I'm not happy with, and I've realized recently that its always going to be that way until I do something different. I'm starting with my attitude, especially about work.

Someone asked me the other night how work was going. My first response was, as it always is, work. Things go from bad to worse, to ok, and back to worse there, and anyone who knows me knows that. I had been working on MY attitude, but it felt like it was making no difference, so I fell back into the gossip and drama. I was also asked the other night, is work bad because of YOUR attitude? That got me thinking. Maybe, just maybe, I'll try that again, and try harder this time.

That night I was reading through my bible, looking for something else that had NOTHING to do with work or any of that, and came across something about gossip. And then the verse about doing EVERYTHING without grumbling. Everything? Like...EVERYTHING? Like...cleaning BATHROOMS and other peoples MESSES?? That too, God? That got me thinking. And thinking. And thinking some more. I was up LATE Wednesday night. I thought of all the things that I used to love about my job, because I did, at one time, LOVE my job. I love working with people (mostly). I love the experience its given me. I love the FRIENDS I've made there. I love knowing that my job is secure, because so many people don't have that security. How lucky am I, really?

So, here's to changing. I think if nothing else, I'LL be a happier person beacuse of it. I'm the youngest person at the store. Can I really make a difference? I guess we'll see. The effort has to count for something, right?

2 comments:

  1. Hooooo doggie, you know I know what you mean. Philippians 2:14 gets me rightthere every time.

    Do all things without complaining or arguing.

    But guess what? Just a little further down, check out Philippians 4:13...

    I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

    You're on the right track, little woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that verse written on my mirror, where I see it every day. I'm thinking it'll do me some good to put 2:14 up there too.
    : )

    ReplyDelete