Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"It's because you're religious..."

Does that bug you as much as it bugs me?

Someone said to me the other day "It's because you're religious.." or "so-and-so knows you're religious..." and it got me thinking. When this particular person said it, I wasn't offended or irritated, but a lot of the time, I am. And then I'm sad, because these people don't really understand what they're saying.

I think it bugs me because I feel like I'm being shoved in a group with any and all other people that practice a "religion". I've really come to not like that word. I don't want to be shoved in a group and put on a shelf with other "religions". I'm a Christian. I believe that God sent His Son to die for our sins. I believe that we're SO undeserving of the blessings he gives us on a daily basis. I believe that prayer is VERY powerful. I believe that if I believe, God will provide. I believe in the One and Only God. I believe that I've been saved by Gods pure grace, and nothing more.

And, I suppose, maybe next time sometime tells me "It's because you're religious..." I'll tell them, in the nicest possible way, that it has nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with God.

1 comment:

  1. I have started watching Lifechurch. I have been blown away and so encouraged by the preaching of God's word. This one totally goes with your blog topic. ☺ This series was so good. If you ever get a chance, check it out.

    http://www.lifechurch.tv/watch/toxic/5

    ReplyDelete